PORTERVILLE CITY COUNCIL AGENDA
JANUARY 2, 2001 7:00 P.M.
Pledge of Allegiance Led by Mayor Pro Tem Gordon Woods
Roll Call: City Council
ORAL COMMUNICATIONS This is the opportunity to address the Council on any matter of concern, including all items not scheduled for public hearing.
All Consent Calendar Items are considered routine and will be enacted in one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these matters unless a request is made, in which event the item will be removed from the Consent Calendar.
1. Approval of City Council Minutes of December 19, 2000
2. Claim - Elida Fuentes
Re: Claim for personal injury resulting from a fall in the parking lot at the southwest corner of Second Street and Cleveland which occurred on October 13, 2000.
Recommend: Reject Claim in the jurisdiction of the Municipal Court.
3. Approval of Purchases
Re: Purchase of various Items (list on file in the City Clerk’s Office) in the amount of $17,319.43.
Recommend: Authorize Purchases.
4. Award Contract - Transit Center Design
Re: Award of contract for Architectural, Engineering and Environmental Services for Transit Center to Canby Associates, Inc. of Visalia.
5. Amendment to the 2000/2001 Capital Improvement, Enterprise, and Internal Service Fund Budget
Re: Adding two projects: Olive Avenue, from Newcomb to Highway 65, and Henderson Avenue from Prospect Street to Newcomb Street.
5A. Executive Session Pursuant to Government Code Section 54956.9 - Conference with Legal Counsel Anticipated Litigation - One Potential Case; and Government Code Section 54956.8 - Conference with Real Property Negotiator- Michael Unser.
6. Zoning Ordinance Amendment 1-2000 - General Amendment of the Zoning Ordinance Pertaining to Motorcycle Dealerships in the C-2 (Central Commercial) Zone, Performance Standards, and Provisions for Enforcement of Conditions of Approval (Sections 801, 2618 and 3205)
Re: Allowing Motorcycle Dealerships in the C-2 (Central Commercial) Zone.
7. Set Study Session - Professional Service Guidelines and Selection Process
Re: Setting a date for a study session to consider revising the process for selecting consultants for architectural and engineering services, and setting dates for other pending study session items.
ADJOURNMENT to January 16, 2001
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the Porterville Deputy City Clerk, (559) 782-7442. Notification 48 hours prior to the meeting will enable the City to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to this meeting. [28 CFR 35.102-35.104 ADA Title II]