PORTERVILLE CITY COUNCIL AGENDA
SEPTEMBER 19, 2000 7:00 P.M.
Pledge of Allegiance Led by Council Member Ronald Irish
Invocation by Pastor Jim Copeland, Young Life Church
THE FOLLOWING AGENDA WAS SCHEDULED FOR SEPTEMBER 19, 2000. HOWEVER DUE TO THE LACK OF A QUORUM, THIS MEETING WILL BE OPENED AND IMMEDIATELY ADJOURNED TO OCTOBER 3, 2000. ALL ITEMS NOTICED FOR PUBLIC HEARING WILL BE CONTINUED UNTIL OCTOBER 3, 2000.
PROCLAMATION - “National Undoing Racism Day” - September 20, 2000
ORAL COMMUNICATIONS This is the opportunity to address the Council on any matter of concern, including all items not scheduled for public hearing.
All Consent Calendar Items are considered routine and will be enacted in one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these matters unless a request is made, in which event the item will be removed from the Consent Calendar.
1. Approval of City Council Minutes of August 8, 2000
2. Claim - Maximino D. Tapia & Ismar Gonzalez
Re: Claim for personal injury resulting from detainment by the Police due to an incorrect identification on April 28, 2000.
Recommend: Reject Claim in the jurisdiction of the Municipal Court.
3. Approval of Purchases
Re: Purchase of various Items (list on file in the City Clerk’s Office) in the amount of $10,814.16. Recommend: Authorize Purchases.
4. Acceptance of 1285 W. Tomah Avenue Right of Way Dedication
Re: Accept offer of dedication from Ignasio Torres Tapia and Olivia G. Tapia and record the Deed with the County Recorder.
5. Acceptance of 278 E. Vandalia Avenue Right of Way Dedication
Re: Accept offer of dedication from Maria P. Garcia and Olga Ortega and record the Deed with the County Recorder.
6. Acceptance of Beverly Street Right of Way Dedication - River Springs, Phase Two Subdivision (G. Woodard)
Re: Accept offer of dedication from Nadar Development and record the Deed with the County Recorder.
7. Approval of Final Subdivision Map - River Springs, Phase Two Subdivision (G. Woodard)
Re: Approve a map for that subdivision located between Lotas Street and the southerly extension of Beverly Street, approximately 2,640 feet south of Olive Avenue, accept offers of dedication, along with easements to be recorded as separate documents, record a Quit Claim Deed relinquishing easements, and authorize the filing with the County Recorder.
8. Program Supplement to the Local Agency-State Master Agreement: Preliminary Engineering for Plano Street Bridge Widening Project
Re: Authorizing the Mayor to execute the Program Supplement for the preliminary design of the Plano Street Bridge Widening Project.
9. Cooperative Agreement with Caltrans for a Traffic Signal at Highway 65 and Scranton Avenue
Re: Approval of a Cooperative Agreement for the construction and operation of the signal.
10. Set Public Hearing for the Revised Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) Program
Re: Setting November 21, 2000 for a public hearing to adopt a revised DBE Program by 01/01/01.
11. Request for All American Memorial
Re: A request from Susan Bring for a memorial at Veteran’s Park, with a recommendation that it be referred to the Parks and Leisure Services Commission for recommendation.
12. Zone Change 2-2000 (Filippi)
Re: A change of zone from PO(D) (Professional Office - Design Review Overlay) to C-3 (Heavy Commercial) for a 30,500± s.f. parcel located on the east side of North Main Street, 420± ft. north of Henderson Avenue
13. Conditional Use Permit 2-00 -Proposed Sale of Alcoholic Beverages under an Off-Sale License within 600 Feet of a Park at 96 West Henderson Avenue (Juan Menchaca - La Nueva Fonda Mexican Foods)
Re: Request to allow the sale of beer and wine in conjunction with an existing market.
14. Conditional Use Permit 9-88 (Modification No. 1) / Amendment to an Approved Conditional Use Permit Allowing an On-Sale Alcohol License to Allow the Installation of Two (2) Pool Tables and the Transfer of Three (3) Card (Gaming) Tables (Lannie Lemons - The Palace)
Re: Putting in two pool tables, and three card tables transferred from the Hofbrau House, into the Palace Hotel Dining Room.
15. Improvements and the Formation of Landscape and Lighting Maintenance District #13
Re: Upon a favorable vote from the property owners, approving the resolution ordering the improvements and the formation of Landscape and Lighting Maintenance District No. 13 for River Ranch 3 at Lloyd Street and Newcomb Avenue.
16. Request to Allow Re-submittal of Application for Conditional Use Permit for Off-Sale Beer and Wine License - Frank’s Stop and Go on Olive Avenue
Re: Determination whether there is material evidence of a substantial change in circumstances to authorize re-application for Conditional Use Permit 4-99.
Adjourn to a Meeting of the Porterville Redevelopment Agency.
PORTERVILLE REDEVELOPMENT AGENCY AGENDA
Roll Call: Redevelopment Agency
PRA-1. CHFA Housing Enabled by Local Partnerships (HELP) Program Application (Casas Del Rio)
Re: Application for a $2,000,000 HELP loan to pursue acquisitions of portions of the Casas del Rio P.U.D. on East Date Avenue.
Adjourn to a Meeting of the Porterville Public Improvement Corporation.
PORTERVILLE PUBLIC IMPROVEMENT CORPORATION
Roll Call: Porterville Public Improvement Corporation Members
PIC-1. Annual Meeting of the Porterville Public Improvement Corporation
Re: The election of officers and the 2000 Status Report for Certificates of Participation Projects.
Adjourn to City Council Meeting
ADJOURNMENT to October 3, 2000
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the Porterville Deputy City Clerk, (559) 782-7442. Notification 48 hours prior to the meeting will enable the City to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to this meeting. [28 CFR 35.102-35.104 ADA Title II]