PORTERVILLE CITY COUNCIL AGENDA
OCTOBER 17, 2000 7:00 P.M.
Pledge of Allegiance Led by Mayor Virginia Gurrola
Invocation by Pastor John Eby, First Baptist Church
Roll Call: City Council
“America Recycles Day” - November 15, 2000
ORAL COMMUNICATIONS This is the opportunity to address the Council on any matter of concern, including all items not scheduled for public hearing.
All Consent Calendar Items are considered routine and will be enacted in one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these matters unless a request is made, in which event the item will be removed from the Consent Calendar.
1. Approval of City Council Minutes of August 22, 2000
2. Claim - Danny Steely
Re: Claim for personal injury resulting from an alleged fall on a City sidewalk on East Olive on January 22, 2000. Recommend: Reject Claim in the jurisdiction of the Superior Court.
3. Claim - Westel L. Creager, MD, Bill Vandersande, Travis Bierman, Porterville Airport Users Association and California Pilots Association
Re: Claim against the City for damages and operations at the Porterville Municipal Airport from 1940 to the present time.
Recommend: Reject Claim in the jurisdiction of the Superior Court.
4. Approval of Purchases
Re: Purchase of various Items (list on file in the City Clerk’s Office) in the amount of $18,811.35. Recommend: Authorize Purchases.
5. Authorization to Advertise for Bids - Olive and “G” Traffic Signal
Re: Approving the plans and specifications and authorizing the staff to advertise for bids.
6. Award Contract - Triple Combination Pumper
Re: Award contract to Central States Fire Apparatus of Lyons, SD, in the amount of $231,721, and authorize progress payments upon satisfactory construction of the equipment; with the authorization to investigate and negotiate a lease-purchase option in lieu of an all-cash payment.
7. Acceptance of 375 S. Jaye Street Right of Way Dedication
Re: Accept offer of dedication from Billy J. and Clara M. Akin, and record the Deed with the County Recorder.
8. Acceptance of Right of Way for Property Located at 2127 W. Henderson - Henderson Avenue Reconstruction Project
Re: Authorize payment of $3,750 for to Garry W. and Jan M. Beulter and authorize signing and recording of all necessary documents.
9. HOME Investment Partnership Program (HOME) Application - Matching Funds
Re: Approval for submitting application to State and authorization for Mayor to sign all necessary documents pertaining to the HOME Program; and authorize the Director of Community Development & Services to sign administrative documents.
10. Animal Control Agreement Renewal
Re: Accepting agreement with the City of Lindsay for the period of 07/01/00 to 06/30/03.
11. Reappointment of Library Board Members
Re: The reappointment of Pam Clark and Ken Neal to the Library Board for three year terms.
12. Tule River Parkway Project Contract Amendment
Re: Amending the contract with Jardin, Inc., for additional design work caused by a realignment of the trail, in the amount of $14,064.00.
13. Resolution Opposing the Westlands Water District’s Attempt to Appropriate Water
Re: Consideration of a request from the Friant Water Users Authority to adopt a resolution of opposition to the Westlands Water District’s application.
13a. Executive Session per Government Code 54956.8 - Conference with Real Property Negotiator-
Property: APN 254-030-016
Negotiating Parties: City of Porterville and Robert L. and Diane C. Fields
Under Negotiation: Terms, Price and Conditions.
14. General Plan Amendment 1-00 (Morris Levin and Son - David Atlas)
Re: Request to amend the Land Use Element of the General Plan from Professional and Office to Heavy Commercial for a vacant 33,000± s.f. site located on the northeast corner of Henderson Ave. and Jaye St.
15. Use of Local Law Enforcement Block Grant Funds by the Porterville Police Department
Re: Approving grant and authorizing its use for the School Resource Officer, and authorizing budget adjustments.
16. Ordinance No. 1588, Zone Change 2-2000 (Filippi)
Re: A change of zone from PO(D) (Professional Office - Design Review Overlay) to C-3 (Heavy Commercial) for a 30,500± s.f. parcel located on the east side of North Main Street, 420± ft. north of Henderson Avenue
17. Rails to Trails Master Plan
Re: The Council reviewing the draft Master Plan in concept and providing comments to staff.
18. Quarterly Portfolio Summary
Re: Investment summary stating that all current holdings are in compliance with the current Investment Policy and that all City cash needs are being met.
19. Adjourned Meeting for Study Session - Professional Service Guidelines and Selection Process
Re: Setting a date to review the City’s Purchasing Policy and Procedure Manual for professional services contracts.
20. Requested Cancellation of November 7, 2000 Council Meeting
Re: Consideration of canceling the next Council meeting.
Adjourn to a Meeting of the Porterville Redevelopment Agency.
PORTERVILLE REDEVELOPMENT AGENCY AGENDA
Roll Call: Redevelopment Agency
PRA-1. HOME Investment Partnership Program (HOME) Application - Matching Funds
Re: Authorizing the use of Redevelopment Low and Moderate Income Housing Set-Aside Funds for the matching fund requirement for the HOME Program, and authorize the Chairman to execute all necessary documents.
Adjourn to a Meeting of the Porterville City Council.
ADJOURNMENT to November 7, 2000
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the Porterville Deputy City Clerk, (559) 782-7442. Notification 48 hours prior to the meeting will enable the City to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to this meeting. [28 CFR 35.102-35.104 ADA Title II]