PORTERVILLE CITY COUNCIL AGENDA
DECEMBER 5, 2000 7:00 P.M.
Pledge of Allegiance Led by Council Member Boyd Leavitt
Invocation Pastor Warren Taylor, First Congregational Church
Roll Call: City Council
• abEmployee Service Awards
• abWRAP Awards: Grocery Warehouse, Beckman Coulter, Inc., Porterville Sheltered Workshop, Standard Register, Mervyn’s, Porterville, Target, Porterville
This is the opportunity to address the Council on any matter of concern, including all items not scheduled for public hearing.
All Consent Calendar Items are considered routine and will be enacted in one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these matters unless a request is made, in which event the item will be removed from the Consent Calendar.
1. Approval of City Council Minutes of November 21, 2000
2. Claim - Ann Ball
Re: Claim for personal injury resulting from a fall on the sidewalk in the 200 block of Henrahan which occurred on October 10, 2000.
Recommend: Reject Claim in the amount of $5,000.00.
3. Approval of Purchases
Re: Purchase of various Items (list on file in the City Clerk’s Office) in the amount of $1,480.05.
Recommend: Authorize Purchases.
4. Award of Contract - Single Deck Front Mower
Re: Award of contract to Farmer’s Tractor of Porterville in the amount of $13,053.40.
5. Award of Contract for Waste Water Treatment Facility Metal Building
Re: Award of contract to Sequoia Construction of Visalia in the amount of $17,925.
6. Acceptance of Offer of Right of Way - APN No. 254-050-033 - Granite Hills Street Reconstruction Project
Re: Accept counter offer of $5,330 for Edward and Elizabeth Cornell, and record the Deed with the County Recorder.
7. Status Report - Developer Impact Fees
Re: A detailed fund analysis of the Capital Improvement Funds containing Developer Fees.
8. Police Department Appropriation Adjustment for the Bicycle Helmut Safety Grant
Re: Authorizing a budget appropriation increase of $2,999.50 for the Grant.
9. Resolution Concerning Youth of Tulare County
Re: Request to adopt a resolution to encourage collaborative efforts and support for an active network of providers of services to youth.
10. There is no Item.
11. Formation of Landscape and Lighting Maintenance District No. 14
Re: River Springs, Phase Two Subdivision located on River Avenue, Beverly Avenue, Date Avenue and River Springs Drive.
12. Request to Allow Resubmittal of Application for Conditional Use Permit for Off-Sale Beer and Wine License - ARCO Mini-Mart on West Henderson Avenue
Re: Determination whether there is a material evidence of a substantial change in circumstances to authorize re-application for a project similar to Conditional Use Permit 6-99.
13. Request to Purchase Airport Industrial Site and Request for C.D.B.G. Business Extension Program Funds - Endurequest Corporation
Re: Request to purchase a 1.8 acre site at the north end of Thunderbolt Drive, and request to receive $75,000 in C.D.B.G. assistance funds which will require eight additional employees to be hired.
14. TCAG/Amendments to Joint Exercise of Powers Agreement
Re: Amending the Agreement to allow for changes in County departmental and position title changes, and allowing for an Assistant Executive Secretary.
15. Professional Service Guidelines and Selection Process
Re: Consideration of the information and process for selecting consultants for architectural and engineering services.
16. Resolution Opposing the Westlands Water District’s Attempt to Appropriate Water
Re: Consideration of a request from the Friant Water Users Authority to adopt a resolution of opposition to the Westlands Water District’s application.
ADJOURNMENT to December 19, 2000
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the Porterville Deputy City Clerk, (559) 782-7442. Notification 48 hours prior to the meeting will enable the City to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to this meeting. [28 CFR 35.102-35.104 ADA Title II]